Common reasons for an application for a Dispensation are:
- To allow a Companion to be eligible for election to the First chair without having served a year as or Second Principal.
- To allow a Companion to be eligible for election to the Second chair without having served a year as Third Principal.
- To allow any Companion to continue in the same Principals chair for more than two consecutive years.
- To allow any Companion to be First Principal of more than one Chapter at the same time.
- To change the date of a Chapter meeting (but note it must be held within 28 days of the regular meeting date).
- To change the location of a Chapter meeting.
- To allow Companions to wear regalia for the purpose of a Brethren’s evening.
A notice should be sent to the Provincial Grand Scribe E outlining the circumstances, and if appropriate a dispensation may be granted by the ME Grand Superintendent. If in doubt, or if other more complex circumstances arise please raise the question first with the Provincial Grand Scribe E.