Family Fun Weekend
posted on 07 February 2016
In 2017 the United Grand Lodge of England will be 300 years old. In addition to the London celebrations, there will be many events around the country to mark this particular anniversary.
The four Provinces which form Group 3 – Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire and Worcestershire – are combining forces in a family fun weekend to be held at Weston Park on 24th-25th June, 2017. The grounds have been hired for the weekend, and it is planned that entertainments and catering will be laid on for all ages to enjoy.
This is a non-profitmaking event, creating a weekend of outstanding value for all Masons and their family, friends and guests.
There is plenty of room for caravans and campers, picnics, with music, displays and fun activities planned to make this a memorable weekend for all the family and these include:
- Orchestras and Bands playing throughout the day,
- Classic Car display and rally,
- The Widows’ Sons Motorcycle order,
- Displays of Heavy Horses,
- Masonic Historical Displays,
- Historical Period Encampments demonstrating and explaining army and battle life “around the campfires” including cookery, handcrafts, muskets, weaponry and munitions.
- Period Re-enactment of the battle of The Alamo! Fairgrounds old and modern
- A Spectacular Firework display to round off each day’s activities
- Children and young people’s fun run, Teddy Bears picnic in the park, a Family Picnic and concert in the Park as well as the National Caravan Rally and Camping sites in exclusive areas
Further details will appear on this Website in due course, including how to order e-tickets, but for now please put this weekend firmly in your family diary.